Sandra leads all Capital Power’s financial functions including Treasury, Financial Reporting, Financial Planning and Analysis, Tax and Investor Relations. She is also responsible for our Enterprise Risk Management processes.
Prior to her current role, Sandra served for over 2 years as the Vice President, Finance and Treasury during which time she raised $1.2 billion in debt and equity financing. In her previous role, Sandra was Vice President, Forecasting and Analytics responsible for Capital Power’s Budget & Forecasts, Corporate Financial Projections, Valuations and Market Assessment and Forecasting functions. Sandra has been with Capital Power since the IPO in 2009 at which time she served as the Controller. She was also accountable for the Capital Power Finance Development and Accreditation Program, which recruits accounting graduates and provides work experience and study support for a Chartered Professional Accountant designation. Sandra has over 30 years of financial experience.
- Controller, Generation, EPCOR
- Controller, EPCOR Power LP, EPCOR
- Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Financial leadership roles (11 years), Manulife Financial (Ontario)
- Controller (3 years), Wawanesa Life (Manitoba)
- Board Member, Citadel Theatre