Jason oversees the physical and financial optimization of Capital Power’s Canadian fleet, as well as the successful execution of Canadian development and acquisition opportunities. Jason is also accountable for the assessment of and investment in decarbonization technologies in Canada that align with and contribute towards Capital Power’s sustainability targets.
With Capital Power since 2009, Jason has held leadership roles focused on commodity trading, corporate strategy, regulatory and commercial management including capital deployment into energy transition. He has held leadership roles in capital projects in excess of $1 billion, including the Genesee Generating Station’s ongoing transition from coal to natural gas and potential for carbon capture.
- Current Member, Energy, Environment & Natural Resources Committee, Edmonton Chamber of Commerce (former Chair)
- Current Board Member, Association of Power Producers of Ontario
- Previous, Conference Chair, Alberta Power Summit and Symposium
- Previous, Elected Member, Canadian Wind Energy Association’s Alberta Steering Committee
- Previous, Member, Alberta Securities Commission’s Derivates Advisory Committee
- Previous, Chair, Capital Power Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- MBA, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Commerce, Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary