As the President and CEO of Capital Power, Avik leads the company in its growth and expansion across Canada and the U.S. and champions the team in accelerating its current strategic drive to net zero.
Prior to joining Capital Power, Avik spent over two decades in the energy business in executive, operational, investing, and senior advisory roles. He has invested over $12 billion in growing long-term value for energy and energy transition companies.
Avik strongly believes in fostering the next generation of entrepreneurs and currently serves as the Director of Enactus Canada, an international non-profit helping university students solve the world’s biggest problems through social innovation.
- Previous, Managing Director – Partner & Co-Head, Carlyle International Energy Partners, The Carlyle Group
- Previous, SVP, CFO & Chief Transformation Officer, NOVA Chemicals
- Previous, Managing Director, Head of Energy & Resources, Real Assets, CPP Investments
- Previous, Member Board of Directors, Crestone Peak Resources
- Previous, Member of the Board of Directors, Seven Generations Energy Ltd.
- Previous, Member Board of Directors, Calpine
- Previous, Member of the Board of Directors, Teine Energy
- Previous, General Partner, Coyotes Management, The Arizona Coyotes
- Previous, Founding Partner, Remvest Energy Partners
- Recognized, Canada’s Top 40 Under 40 (2017)