Powering a sustainable future for people and planet
At Capital Power, we’re working to create a brighter world powered by responsible energy. Together, our thermal and renewable assets represent approximately 6,600 MW of generation capacity that is well-positioned to support the low-carbon energy system required for our longevity as a global community.
To power a sustainable future for people and planet
Electrifying the world reliably and affordably while protecting the planet for future generations
- We manage our impact on the environment to leave a healthy planet.
- We value equity, diversity and inclusion, listen with open minds, and treat all people with respect.
- We are committed to safety and wellbeing of our people.
- We act with integrity and take responsibility for our decisions and actions.
- We embrace innovation by fostering creativity and harnessing technology.
We’re committed to growing our company to deliver long term value, protect our environment, and help our communities thrive. We have a long history of saying what we’ll do, then doing what we say. We are consistent in executing on our strategy. This effort is reflected in our:
- Competitive total shareholder returns
- Numerous recognitions received as a top employer of choice
- Strong relationships and partnerships throughout our North American communities
- Commercial relationships as a trusted, reliable and competitive electricity supplier and energy services provider to commercial, large industrial, government and institutional customers in the Canadian and US markets in which we operate
- Track record and expertise for building projects safely, completing them on time and on budget and operating well-maintained, reliable facilities
We’re laying the groundwork to meet our goal of being net carbon neutral by 2050. Our power generation facilities are a hub of innovation and we are continuously learning, adapting, and developing to create clean, reliable and accessible electricity. We believe a holistic transformation of our energy system requires an “all-of-the-above” solution from our industry —one that expands our use of renewable energy, employs storage technologies to optimize those renewable sources and transitions to lower- and zero-carbon thermal generation with improved efficiency and minimal emissions. We report on our actions and performance, and continue to evaluate and evolve our climate- and ESG -related reporting to clearly demonstrate our vision, purpose, strategy, and value creation.
We are proud of our achievements and confident in our future. Get to know us.
Capital Power announces a 4.5-year contract renewal for Island Generation
Capital Power announced today the execution of a 4.5-year Electricity Purchase Agreement (EPA) through October 2026 for its Island Generation facility with BC Hydro. The EPA is subject to regulator...
Capital Power reports voting results from the 2022 annual meeting of shareholders
The annual meeting of shareholders for Capital Power Corporation was held on April 29, 2022 in Edmonton, Alberta. Each of the matters voted upon at the annual meeting is discussed in detail in the...
Capital Power reports strong first quarter results
2022 financial results expected to meet or exceed upper ends of guidance ranges
Capital Power released financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2022.