Powering a sustainable future for people and planet
At Capital Power, we’re working to create a brighter world powered by responsible energy. Together, our thermal and renewable assets represent over 6,400 MW of generation capacity that is well-positioned to support the low-carbon energy system required for our longevity as a global community.
To power a sustainable future for people and planet
Electrifying the world reliably and affordably while protecting the planet for future generations
- We manage our impact on the environment to leave a healthy planet.
- We value equity, diversity and inclusion, listen with open minds, and treat all people with respect.
- We are committed to safety and wellbeing of our people.
- We act with integrity and take responsibility for our decisions and actions.
- We embrace innovation by fostering creativity and harnessing technology.
We’re committed to growing our company to deliver long term value, protect our environment, and help our communities thrive. We have a long history of saying what we’ll do, then doing what we say. We are consistent in executing on our strategy. This effort is reflected in our:
- Competitive total shareholder returns
- Numerous recognitions received as a top employer of choice
- Strong relationships and partnerships throughout our North American communities
- Commercial relationships as a trusted, reliable and competitive electricity supplier and energy services provider to commercial, large industrial, government and institutional customers in the Canadian and US markets in which we operate
- Track record and expertise for building projects safely, completing them on time and on budget and operating well-maintained, reliable facilities
We’re laying the groundwork to meet our goal of being net carbon neutral by 2050. Our power generation facilities are a hub of innovation and we are continuously learning, adapting, and developing to create clean, reliable and accessible electricity. We believe a holistic transformation of our energy system requires an “all-of-the-above” solution from our industry —one that expands our use of renewable energy, employs storage technologies to optimize those renewable sources and transitions to lower- and zero-carbon thermal generation with improved efficiency and minimal emissions. We report on our actions and performance, and continue to evaluate and evolve our climate- and ESG -related reporting to clearly demonstrate our vision, purpose, strategy, and value creation.
We are proud of our achievements and confident in our future. Get to know us.
Capital Power announces a 6-year tolling agreement extension for Arlington Valley
Extension to yield materially higher adjusted funds from operations over extended term
Capital Power announced today the execution of a 6-year tolling agreement extension through October 2031 for its Arlington Valley (Arlington) facility with the current counterparty. Arlington is a ...
Capital Power highlights strong cash flows and dividend growth guidance to 2025 at Investor Day
Announces acquisition of a portfolio of renewable development sites, construction plans for phase 2 of Halkirk Wind and decarbonization
At its 13th annual Investor Day event being held virtually today, Capital Power Corporation will review its financial outlook and highlight progress on its decarbonization plans, including acquisit...
Capital Power and Enbridge Collaborate to Reduce CO2 Emissions in Alberta
Open access carbon hub in Wabamun area of central Alberta would support Capital Power and other local companies
Capital Power and Enbridge Inc. are pleased to announce a memorandum of understanding to collaborate on carbon capture and storage (CCS) solutions in the Wabamun area west of Edmonton, Alberta, ne...