Responsible Energy for Tomorrow
At Capital Power, we are a wholesale power generator that produces competitive, future-focused energy. We are an organization of experts and innovators in our field, with a long-standing commitment to responsible energy production and environmental stewardship.
We have a long history of saying what we’ll do, then doing what we say. We are consistent in executing on our strategy. This effort is reflected in our:
- Competitive total shareholder returns
- Numerous recognitions received as a top employer of choice
- Strong relationships and partnerships throughout our North American communities
- Commercial relationships as a trusted, reliable and competitive electricity supplier and energy services provider to commercial, large industrial, government and institutional customers in the Canadian and US markets in which we operate
- Track record and expertise for building projects safely, completing them on time and on budget and operating well-maintained, reliable facilities
We are innovative and committed to sustainability. This is reflected in our consistent and ongoing efforts to:
- Continually improve the efficiency and emissions performance of our power generating facilities
- Invest in efficient natural gas and renewable generation
- Participate in carbon markets across North America
- Invest in the advancement of carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) to support near-zero emissions from natural gas in power generation and broader industrial processes
- Excel in specialized engineering and operations expertise in project development and construction, and in our ongoing facility operations
We are proud of our achievements and confident in our future.
Capital Power announces a 10-year tolling agreement extension for Decatur Energy Center
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) announced today the execution of a 10-year tolling agreement extension through December 2032 for Decatur Energy Center (Decatur Energy) with the current counterparty.
Capital Power reports solid second quarter 2020 results, announces a 6.8% dividend increase for its common shares, and the Strathmore Solar project
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) released financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2020.
Capital Power announces a 6.8% dividend increase for its common shares and declares dividends for its Preference shares
The Board of Directors for Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) (Capital Power) declared a dividend of $0.5125 per share on the outstanding common shares for the quarter ending September 30, 2020.