Responsible Energy for Tomorrow
At Capital Power, we are a wholesale power generator that produces competitive, future-focused energy. We are an organization of experts and innovators in our field, with a long-standing commitment to responsible energy production and environmental stewardship.
We have a long history of saying what we’ll do, then doing what we say. We are consistent in executing on our strategy. This effort is reflected in our:
- Competitive total shareholder returns
- Numerous recognitions received as a top employer of choice
- Strong relationships and partnerships throughout our North American communities
- Commercial relationships as a trusted, reliable and competitive electricity supplier and energy services provider to commercial, large industrial, government and institutional customers in the Canadian and US markets in which we operate
- Track record and expertise for building projects safely, completing them on time and on budget and operating well-maintained, reliable facilities
We are innovative and committed to sustainability. This is reflected in our consistent and ongoing efforts to:
- Continually improve the efficiency and emissions performance of our power generating facilities
- Invest in efficient natural gas and renewable generation
- Participate in carbon markets across North America
- Invest in the advancement of carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) to support near-zero emissions from natural gas in power generation and broader industrial processes
- Excel in specialized engineering and operations expertise in project development and construction, and in our ongoing facility operations
We are proud of our achievements and confident in our future.
Capital Power announces date for release of its first quarter 2020 financial results and analyst conference call
Capital Power will release its first quarter 2020 results before the markets open on May 4, 2020. Management will host a conference call with analysts on the same day at 9:00 a.m. MT (11:00 a.m. ET...
Capital Power completes acquisition of Buckthorn Wind and receives tax equity financing for Cardinal Point Wind
Capital Power announced today that it has successfully completed the acquisition of Buckthorn Wind from private investors. Buckthorn Wind is a 100.5 megawatt wind facility that is located in Erath ...
Message from Brian Vaasjo, CEO and President
Capital Power's Response to COVID-19: A Message from Brian Vaasjo, CEO and President