Powering a sustainable future for people and planet
At Capital Power, we’re working to create a brighter world powered by responsible energy. Together, our thermal and renewable assets represent approximately 7,500 MW of generation capacity that is well-positioned to support the low-carbon energy system required for our longevity as a global community.
To power a sustainable future for people and planet
Electrifying the world reliably and affordably while protecting the planet for future generations
- We manage our impact on the environment to leave a healthy planet
- We value equity, diversity and inclusion, listen with open minds, and treat all people with respect
- We are committed to safety and wellbeing of our people
- We act with integrity and take responsibility for our decisions and actions
- We embrace innovation by fostering creativity and harnessing technology
We’re committed to growing our company to deliver long term value, protect our environment, and help our communities thrive. We have a long history of saying what we’ll do, then doing what we say. We are consistent in executing on our strategy. This effort is reflected in our:
- Competitive total shareholder returns
- Numerous recognitions received as a top employer of choice
- Strong relationships and partnerships throughout our North American communities
- Commercial relationships as a trusted, reliable and competitive electricity supplier and energy services provider to commercial, large industrial, government and institutional customers in the Canadian and U.S. markets in which we operate
- Track record and expertise for building projects safely, completing them on time and on budget and operating well-maintained, reliable facilities
We’re laying the groundwork to meet our goal of being net zero by 2045. Our power generation facilities are a hub of innovation and we are continuously learning, adapting, and developing to create clean, reliable and accessible electricity. We believe a holistic transformation of our energy system requires an “all-of-the-above” solution from our industry — one that expands our use of renewable energy, employs storage technologies to optimize those renewable sources and transitions to lower- and zero-carbon thermal generation with improved efficiency and minimal emissions. We report on our actions and performance, and continue to evaluate and evolve our climate- and ESG-related reporting to clearly demonstrate our vision, purpose, strategy, and value creation.
We are proud of our achievements and confident in our future. Get to know us.
COP28: A Critical Moment
How we transition to a net zero world and equitably navigate the urgent climate crisis is the most pressing and complex global challenge of our time. The path forward presents no easy, immediate, o...
Capital Power provides notice of Preferred Shares (Series 3) conversion privilege and dividend rate notice
Capital Power announced today that it has notified registered shareholders of its Cumulative Rate Reset Preference Shares, Series 3 of the Conversion Privilege and Dividend Rate Notice.
Capital Power announces C$850 million medium term notes offering
Capital Power announced today that it has priced a public offering in Canada of unsecured medium term notes in the aggregate principal amount of C$850 million. The Offering consists of C$400 millio...