Responsible Energy for Tomorrow
At Capital Power, we’re working to create a brighter world powered by responsible energy. Together, our thermal and renewable assets represent over 6,400 MW of generation capacity that is well-positioned to support the low-carbon energy system required for our longevity as a global community.
We’re committed to growing our company to deliver long term value, protect our environment, and help our communities thrive. We have a long history of saying what we’ll do, then doing what we say. We are consistent in executing on our strategy. This effort is reflected in our:
- Competitive total shareholder returns
- Numerous recognitions received as a top employer of choice
- Strong relationships and partnerships throughout our North American communities
- Commercial relationships as a trusted, reliable and competitive electricity supplier and energy services provider to commercial, large industrial, government and institutional customers in the Canadian and US markets in which we operate
- Track record and expertise for building projects safely, completing them on time and on budget and operating well-maintained, reliable facilities
We’re laying the groundwork to meet our goal of being net carbon neutral by 2050. Our power generation facilities are a hub of innovation and we are continuously learning, adapting, and developing to create clean, reliable and accessible electricity. We believe a holistic transformation of our energy system requires an “all-of-the-above” solution from our industry —one that expands our use of renewable energy, employs storage technologies to optimize those renewable sources and transitions to lower- and zero-carbon thermal generation with improved efficiency and minimal emissions. We report on our actions and performance, and continue to evaluate and evolve our climate- and ESG -related reporting to clearly demonstrate our vision, purpose, strategy, and value creation.
We are proud of our achievements and confident in our future. Get to know us.
Capital Power’s initial response to BC Hydro’s draft Integrated Resource Plan
Capital Power provides initial response to BC Hydro’s draft Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) submitted to the British Columbia Utilities Commission (BCUC) today.
We rallied together with our employees and raised $365,000 to fight poverty!
We’re pleased to announce that we raised an impressive $365,000 for local poverty-fighting charities and community organizations in 1 week!
Capital Power announces closing of $288 million offering of common shares including the exercise of over-allotment option
Capital Power announced today that it has completed its previously announced public offering of 7,480,750 common shares, which included 975,750 common shares issued pursuant to the full exercise of...