Suppliers and Contractors Information
Capital Power is always interested in working with new and innovative companies from which to grow our supplier base and to create partnerships.
It is important to know that we do not maintain a prequalified vendor list but rather we typically run a competitive process (RFQ or RFP) at the time a specific good or service is required. The information included here is intended to provide suppliers with a reasonable understanding of our minimum standard requirements should you be selected to participate in such a competitive process.
General Terms and Conditions, and Insurance Requirements
Capital Power has developed standard Terms and Conditions, as well defined Contractor Insurance Requirements, to be applied to most work done with Capital Power (outside major projects).
- General Terms & Conditions – Contractor Insurance Requirements are available on the last page
- Professional Terms & Conditions – Service Only contracts regarding Engineering, Technical support or Consulting
Health, Safety and Environment
Selecting contractors that best meet internal and government safety requirements is an important and necessary element in achieving our operational and health and safety objectives.
In support of this requirement, Capital Power has selected ISNetworld, a third party independent company to review and grade contractor performance to meet our standards. They are a global resource for connecting corporations with safe, reliable contractors and suppliers. You can link your company to Capital Power in ISNetworld. Doing so will improve the chances of your organization being considered for the next opportunity.
Capital Power’s also has specific Contractor Health Safety and Environment Requirements that must followed for all work done on a Capital Power site. These requirements have been scaled to the type of service work to be performed and can be found below. Note that the HSE requirements for large scale/major projects will be reviewed with potential contractors at the time of an RFP and have not been included on this site.
- Operational Facilities Existing Capital Power managed operational facilities for sustaining capital projects, maintenance contracts, outages. Maintenance contracts at existing offices at operational sites
- Development Sites Pre-construction/greenfield sites, non-operational sites, and development at leased/owned sites.
- Regular Pick-Up & Delivery Delivery or pick-up at existing Capital Power managed operational facilities of process material requiring site access or use of site equipment, such as lime, ash, ammonia, carbon, caustic soda, sulfuric acid, etc. Does not include contractors that meet the deviation criteria, such as mobile equipment, septic, compressed gas cylinders, linen or deviated delivery or pick-up contractor.
- Individual Professional Services. Professional Services Agreements where individuals are working on Capital Power managed facilities i.e.: Construction Management Personnel, HSE Professionals, Engineering Contractor.
- Contractor Safety Orientation To Access Capital Power’s Contractor Orientations, please reach out to your Company’s ISNetWorld Administrator. Alternatively, please contact Susan Burrill – [email protected] or (780) 392-5438, if you require assistance.
Security Clearance Requirement
All Contractors who require unescorted access to Capital Power facilities, or require access to the Capital Power network, must apply for Security Clearance and provide documentary evidence of a criminal record check from an accredited law enforcement agency (dated within 90 days), prior to being given unescorted physical access to any Capital Power site or access to any Capital Power network.
Federal Government Security screening certificates will be accepted in lieu of a police criminal record check only if the applicant is currently a Federal Government employee. If they are, or have been, a Federal Government contractor the screening certificate will only be accepted if it is dated within 3 years of the request for a Capital Power ID card. If the contractor is unable to provide the criminal record check, the request for security clearance will be refused. If the work they were to perform cannot be performed by anyone else, they will be granted supervised access only.
A valid Nexus card and/or a Canadian Firearm PAL (Possession Acquisition License) is acceptable as a valid background check. Please include a copy or picture of the valid card when submitting the Capital Power ID card request.
A contractor who works for a company that has a background check program may have the requirement for a Capital Power background check waived at the discretion of Capital Power Security. In these cases, Capital Power Security will require a letter from the Security or Human Resources department of the applying company describing their background check program, and what types of information they take into consideration when clearing their personnel. Capital Power Security may contact the applying company for further information on the individual in question or the program itself.