A member of the executive team since 2009, Kate played an instrumental role in Capital Power’s restructuring and the initial public offering that led to the company’s creation.
Kate leads Capital Power’s strategic and sustainability planning and reporting, market forecasting and analytics, regulatory, government relations, internal audit, ethics and compliance, stakeholder engagement, community investment and communications functions. Prior to her current role, Kate has most recently served as Chief Legal and Sustainability Officer at Capital Power, and has been responsible for legal matters affecting all of Capital Power’s activities since its inception in 2009.
- Previous Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, EPCOR
- Previous Vice President, Legal and Commercial, Alberta’s Transmission Administrator (now the Alberta Electric System Operator)
- Board Chair, University of Alberta Board of Governors
- Board Member, CMC Research Institutes
- MBA, Queen’s University
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Alberta
- Recipient, Robert V.A. Jones Lifetime Achievement Award, Canadian Corporate Counsel Association
- Appointment, Queens Counsel
- Honoree, Canada’s Top 50 Diversity Champions, Women of Influence Magazine
- Honoree, Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women
- Honoree, Canada’s Top 50 General Counsels
- Honoree, Leadership in the Profession Award, WILL/Counsel Network/Association of Women Lawyers
- Founder, MORE mentoring program for high potential young professional women in Edmonton
Latest from Kate