A member of the executive team since 2009, Kate played an instrumental role in Capital Power’s restructuring and the initial public offering that led to the company’s creation.
Kate leads Capital Power’s legal, regulatory and compliance, environmental policy, government relations and external affairs, risk management and internal audit, teams and Capital Power’s sustainability strategy and disclosure efforts.
- Previous Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, EPCOR
- Previous Vice President, Legal and Commercial, Alberta’s Transmission Administrator (now the Alberta Electric System Operator)
- Lead Independent Member, Alberta Securities Commission
- Board Chair, University of Alberta Board of Governors
- MBA, Queen’s University
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Alberta
- Recipient, Robert V.A. Jones Lifetime Achievement Award, Canadian Corporate Counsel Association
- Appointment, Queens Counsel
- Honoree, Canada’s Top 50 Diversity Champions, Women of Influence Magazine
- Honoree, Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women
- Honoree, Canada’s Top 50 General Counsels
- Honoree, Leadership in the Profession Award, WILL/Counsel Network/Association of Women Lawyers
- Founder, MORE mentoring program for high potential young professional women in Edmonton