Quality Wind is located on approximately 4,250 acres of provincial Crown Land near Tumbler Ridge in northeastern British Columbia. Power generated at the facility is sold to BC Hydro under a 25-year Energy Purchase Agreement.
- Facility comprised of 79 Vestas (35 V90 models and 44 V100 models), each 95 metres high and capable of producing up to 1.8 MW of clean power
- Interconnection through 230kV 22km long transmission line to BC Hydro substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Quality Wind:
- We have one permanent employee at the facility and 8 full-time contractors.
- We pay approximately $2,900,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- District of Tumbler Ridge
- Tumbler Ridge Days Society
- Wolverine Nordic and Mountain Society
- Northeast BC Crime Stoppers Society
- Tumbler Ridge Minor Hockey
Helping to diversify the means of electricity production within the province, our Quality Wind facility is supplying renewable energy to British Columbia’s power grid.
Capital Power selected as one of Alberta’s Top Employers for the sixth year in a row
Capital Power has been recognized as one of 70 companies honoured as Alberta’s Top Employers for 2021, marking a sixth consecutive year of recognition from Canada’s Top 100 Employers for our employ...
Capital Power to release fourth quarter 2020 results and 2020 integrated annual report on February 19
Capital Power will release its fourth quarter and year-ended 2020 results, 2020 integrated annual report and third Climate Change Disclosure Report before the markets open on February 19, 2021.
Capital Power announces conversion results for its Preferred Shares (Series 1)
Capital Power announced today that after having taken into account all Election Notices following the December 16, 2020 conversion deadline, in respect of the Cumulative Rate Reset Preference Share...