Quality Wind is located on approximately 4,250 acres of provincial Crown Land near Tumbler Ridge in northeastern British Columbia. Power generated at the facility is sold to BC Hydro under a 25-year Energy Purchase Agreement.
- Facility comprised of 79 Vestas (35 V90 models and 44 V100 models), each 95 metres high and capable of producing up to 1.8 MW of clean power
- Facility capable of generating enough renewable power to meet the average annual needs of approximately 43,000 homes (based on average household energy use of 1000 kWh/month)
- Interconnection through 230kV 22km long transmission line to BC Hydro substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Quality Wind:
- We have one permanent employee at the facility and 8 full-time contractors.
- We pay approximately $2,900,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- District of Tumbler Ridge
- Tumbler Ridge Days Society
- Wolverine Nordic and Mountain Society
- Northeast BC Crime Stoppers Society
- Tumbler Ridge Minor Hockey
Helping to diversify the means of electricity production within the province, our Quality Wind facility is supplying renewable energy to British Columbia’s power grid.
Advancing our commitment to gender equality with Equal by 30
At Capital Power, delivering Responsible Energy for Tomorrow means advancing the participation of women in energy and closing the gender gap. Our Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Committee is proud to...
Capital Power announces a C$350 million medium term note offering and the early redemption of C$251 million of medium term notes
Capital Power announced today that it has priced a public offering in Canada of unsecured medium term notes in the aggregate principal amount of C$350 million (the “Offering”). The notes have a cou...
Capital Power announces a 10-year tolling agreement extension for Decatur Energy Center
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) announced today the execution of a 10-year tolling agreement extension through December 2032 for Decatur Energy Center (Decatur Energy) with the current counterparty.