Quality Wind is located on approximately 4,250 acres of provincial Crown Land near Tumbler Ridge in northeastern British Columbia. Power generated at the facility is sold to BC Hydro under a 25-year Energy Purchase Agreement.
- Facility comprised of 79 Vestas (35 V90 models and 44 V100 models), each 95 metres high and capable of producing up to 1.8 MW of clean power
- Interconnection through 230kV 22km long transmission line to BC Hydro substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Quality Wind:
- We have one permanent employee at the facility and 8 full-time contractors.
- We pay approximately $2,900,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- District of Tumbler Ridge
- Tumbler Ridge Days Society
- Wolverine Nordic and Mountain Society
- Northeast BC Crime Stoppers Society
- Tumbler Ridge Minor Hockey
Helping to diversify the means of electricity production within the province, our Quality Wind facility is supplying renewable energy to British Columbia’s power grid.
Capital Power announces long-term renewable power purchase agreement with Dow
Agreement for Whitla Wind capacity demonstrates how cross-industry collaboration contributes to a sustainable future
Capital Power announced today a 15-year renewable power purchase agreement with Dow Chemical Canada ULC, a subsidiary of Dow (NYSE: DOW), for 25 megawatts (MW) of capacity and the associated enviro...
Capital Power announces a 6.8% dividend increase for its common shares and declares dividends for its Preference shares
The Board of Directors for Capital Power declared a dividend of $0.5475 per share on the outstanding common shares for the quarter ending September 30, 2021. The dividend is payable on October 29, ...
Capital Power reports strong second quarter results, increases its 2021 financial guidance, and announces a 6.8% common share dividend increase
Capital Power today released financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2021.