East Windsor Cogeneration Centre (EWCC) is an 84 MW natural gas facility located on approximately 1.5 acres of industrial land in Windsor, Ontario. The facility was acquired from Veresen Inc. in February 2017. EWCC is fully contracted with the Ontario Independent Electricity System Operator until 2029.
- Equipped with modern emission controls that meet all federal and provincial air quality standards
- Interconnection at Hydro One 115 kV Circuits E8F and E9F
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we live with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At East Windsor:
- We pay approximately $153,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- Ford City Residents in Action
- Windsor West Little League
- Pillette Village Business Association
- Windsor Police Services Camp Brombal
- The Windsor Parade Corporation
- Windsor & Essex County Crime Stoppers, Inc.
- The Windsor Residence for Young Men
- Drouillard Place
Utilizing modern technology, our East Windsor Cogeneration Centre generates clean and reliable energy to power over 80,000 homes in the Windsor area.
Advancing our commitment to gender equality with Equal by 30
At Capital Power, delivering Responsible Energy for Tomorrow means advancing the participation of women in energy and closing the gender gap. Our Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Committee is proud to...
Capital Power announces a C$350 million medium term note offering and the early redemption of C$251 million of medium term notes
Capital Power announced today that it has priced a public offering in Canada of unsecured medium term notes in the aggregate principal amount of C$350 million (the “Offering”). The notes have a cou...
Capital Power announces a 10-year tolling agreement extension for Decatur Energy Center
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) announced today the execution of a 10-year tolling agreement extension through December 2032 for Decatur Energy Center (Decatur Energy) with the current counterparty.