East Windsor Cogeneration Centre (EWCC) is an 84 MW natural gas facility located on approximately 1.5 acres of industrial land in Windsor, Ontario. The facility was acquired from Veresen Inc. in February 2017. EWCC is fully contracted with the Ontario Independent Electricity System Operator until 2029.
- Equipped with modern emission controls that meet all federal and provincial air quality standards
- Interconnection at Hydro One 115 kV Circuits E8F and E9F
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we live with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At East Windsor:
- We pay approximately $153,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- Ford City Residents in Action
- Windsor West Little League
- Pillette Village Business Association
- Windsor Police Services Camp Brombal
- The Windsor Parade Corporation
- Windsor & Essex County Crime Stoppers, Inc.
- The Windsor Residence for Young Men
- Drouillard Place
Utilizing modern technology, our East Windsor Cogeneration Centre generates clean and reliable energy to power over 80,000 homes in the Windsor area.
Capital Power announces date for release of its second quarter 2020 financial results and analyst conference call
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) will release its second quarter 2020 results before the markets open on July 30, 2020. Management will host a conference call with analysts on the same day at 9:00 a.m. MT...
Capital Power proceeding with phase 3 of the Whitla Wind facility
Capital Power announced today that it is moving forward with the third phase of the Whitla Wind facility (“Whitla Wind 3”) that will add 54 megawatts (MW) in late 2021. The Whitla Wind facility is ...
Capital Power and its employees contribute $400,000 in support of Alberta COVID-19 relief efforts
Capital Power and its employees have donated $400,000 in support of COVID-19 relief efforts in Alberta, raised through the Company’s ‘GENerosity: Let’s Rally Together’ matched-giving campaign and a...