East Windsor Cogeneration Centre (EWCC) is an 92 MW natural gas facility located on approximately 1.5 acres of industrial land in Windsor, Ontario. The facility was acquired from Veresen Inc. in February 2017. EWCC is fully contracted with the Ontario Independent Electricity System Operator until 2029.
- Equipped with modern emission controls that meet all federal and provincial air quality standards
- Interconnection at Hydro One 115 kV Circuits E8F and E9F
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we live with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At East Windsor:
- We pay approximately $153,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- Ford City Residents in Action
- Windsor West Little League
- Pillette Village Business Association
- Windsor Police Services Camp Brombal
- The Windsor Parade Corporation
- Windsor & Essex County Crime Stoppers, Inc.
- The Windsor Residence for Young Men
- Drouillard Place
Utilizing modern technology, our East Windsor Cogeneration Centre generates clean and reliable energy to power over 80,000 homes in the Windsor area.
Capital Power announces a 6-year tolling agreement extension for Arlington Valley
Extension to yield materially higher adjusted funds from operations over extended term
Capital Power announced today the execution of a 6-year tolling agreement extension through October 2031 for its Arlington Valley (Arlington) facility with the current counterparty. Arlington is a ...
Capital Power highlights strong cash flows and dividend growth guidance to 2025 at Investor Day
Announces acquisition of a portfolio of renewable development sites, construction plans for phase 2 of Halkirk Wind and decarbonization
At its 13th annual Investor Day event being held virtually today, Capital Power Corporation will review its financial outlook and highlight progress on its decarbonization plans, including acquisit...
Capital Power and Enbridge Collaborate to Reduce CO2 Emissions in Alberta
Open access carbon hub in Wabamun area of central Alberta would support Capital Power and other local companies
Capital Power and Enbridge Inc. are pleased to announce a memorandum of understanding to collaborate on carbon capture and storage (CCS) solutions in the Wabamun area west of Edmonton, Alberta, ne...