East Windsor Cogeneration Centre (EWCC) is located on approximately 1.5 acres of industrial land located adjacent to the existing Ford Windsor Powerhouse. The facility was acquired from Veresen Inc. in February 2017. EWCC is fully contracted with the Ontario Independent Electricity System Operator until 2029 and has a long-term steam agreement for Ford Motor Company’s Windsor operations.
- Equipped with modern emission controls that meet all federal and provincial air quality standards
- Interconnection at Hydro One 115 kV Circuits E8F and E9F
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we live with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At East Windsor:
- We pay approximately $153,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- Ford City Residents in Action
- Windsor West Little League
- Pillette Village Business Association
- Windsor Police Services Camp Brombal
- The Windsor Parade Corporation
- Windsor & Essex County Crime Stoppers, Inc.
- The Windsor Residence for Young Men
- Drouillard Place
Utilizing modern technology, our East Windsor Cogeneration Centre generates clean and reliable energy to power over 80,000 homes in the Windsor area and steam for the Ford Windsor operations.
Capital Power announces date for release of fourth quarter 2019 financial results, 2019 annual integrated report and analyst conference call
Capital Power will release its fourth quarter and year-ended 2019 results before the markets open on February 24, 2020. Management will host a conference call with analysts on the same day at 9:00 ...
Excellence in Action: Delivering Responsible Energy for 2020
As we kick off 2020 and venture into a new decade, Capital Power continues to be committed to driving innovation, growing our business and optimizing our operations to deliver Responsible Energy fo...
Whitla Wind: Transforming Headwinds into Wind Energy Success
Read our blog from By Darcy Trufyn, Senior Vice President, Operations, Engineering and Construction