East Windsor Cogeneration Centre (EWCC) is an 84 MW natural gas facility located on approximately 1.5 acres of industrial land in Windsor, Ontario. The facility was acquired from Veresen Inc. in February 2017. EWCC is fully contracted with the Ontario Independent Electricity System Operator until 2029.
- Equipped with modern emission controls that meet all federal and provincial air quality standards
- Interconnection at Hydro One 115 kV Circuits E8F and E9F
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we live with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At East Windsor:
- We pay approximately $153,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- Ford City Residents in Action
- Windsor West Little League
- Pillette Village Business Association
- Windsor Police Services Camp Brombal
- The Windsor Parade Corporation
- Windsor & Essex County Crime Stoppers, Inc.
- The Windsor Residence for Young Men
- Drouillard Place
Utilizing modern technology, our East Windsor Cogeneration Centre generates clean and reliable energy to power over 80,000 homes in the Windsor area.
Capital Power selected as one of Alberta’s Top Employers for the sixth year in a row
Capital Power has been recognized as one of 70 companies honoured as Alberta’s Top Employers for 2021, marking a sixth consecutive year of recognition from Canada’s Top 100 Employers for our employ...
Capital Power to release fourth quarter 2020 results and 2020 integrated annual report on February 19
Capital Power will release its fourth quarter and year-ended 2020 results, 2020 integrated annual report and third Climate Change Disclosure Report before the markets open on February 19, 2021.
Capital Power announces conversion results for its Preferred Shares (Series 1)
Capital Power announced today that after having taken into account all Election Notices following the December 16, 2020 conversion deadline, in respect of the Cumulative Rate Reset Preference Share...