Bryan oversees the safe operation of nearly 6,000 megawatts of power generation capacity across North America, which includes our facility operations, supply chain and our health, safety and environment teams. He is responsible for our reliability and plant efficiency programs, which are helping to provide industry leading plant availability and emission reductions.
Prior to his current role, for over five years Bryan served as Senior Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer for Capital Power where he raised over $2 billion in the combined debt and equity capital markets to support Capital Power’s growth initiatives.
Bryan has also served as Senior Vice President, Business Development and Commercial Services, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development and Commercial Services, and Vice President, Business Development, at Capital Power. In those roles, Bryan led several large developments, acquisitions and divestitures including the Shepard Energy Centre agreement, the Halkirk, Quality, PDN and K2 Wind development projects, the acquisition and subsequent divestiture of three New England assets, and the acquisition of Island Generation.
- Previous Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, EPCOR
- Previous, Alberta Department of Energy with roles in development and implementation of the deregulated electricity market
- MBA, University of Alberta
- Graduate, Harvard Business School Advanced Management Program
- Board Member, Alberta Chamber of Resources
- Board Chair, Edmonton Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, United Way, Alberta Capital Region
Latest from Bryan