Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind is located on 28,000 acres in Haldimand and Norfolk Counties, Ontario. The facility received its Renewable Energy Approval (REA) from the Ontario Ministry of the Environment on July 17, 2012.
- Facility comprised of 58 Vestas V-90 turbines
- Interconnection at Hydro One Switch Yard at Sandusk Substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind:
- We employ 13 full-time staff on site, including 2 Capital Power employees and 11 from Vestas who are responsible for maintaining the turbines.
- We pay approximately $351,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
- We have a Community Vibrancy Agreement with Haldimand County to provide annual funding for community initiatives over the life of our facility.
- We completed Community Benefits Agreements with the Six Nations of the Grand River and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy Chiefs’ Council regarding our facility, including annual scholarships for Haudenosaunee youth at $10,000 per year for 20 years.
- During construction, we worked closely with community members throughout the archaeological process and monitored the environmental impact.
- We continue to engage in post-construction wildlife monitoring in the area.
Recent community giving includes:
- Dunnville Chamber of Commerce and MudCat Festival
- Haldimand County Mayor’s Charity Gala
- Crime Stoppers – Haldimand, Norfolk & Tillsonburg, Inc
- Six Nations Fire Fighters Gala
Port Dover & Nanticoke Wind facility is unique due to a larger population living within the project area. One of my most rewarding accomplishments has been representing Capital Power within the community and building lasting relationships.
Capital Power reports voting results from the 2021 annual meeting of shareholders
EDMONTON, Alberta – The annual meeting of shareholders (annual meeting) for Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) (Capital Power or the Company) was held on April 29, 2021 in Edmonton, Alberta.
Capital Power reports strong first quarter results and expects 2021 results to exceed annual financial guidance
Quarterly results confirm the robustness of the Alberta power market
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) today released financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2021.
Capital Power declares dividends for its Common and Preference shares
EDMONTON, Alberta –The Board of Directors for Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) (Capital Power) declared a dividend of $0.5125 per share on the outstanding common shares for the quarter ending J...
Jacquie Pylypiuk named as one of the 2021 Best Executive Awards winners
The 2021 Best Executives Awards by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business celebrate ‘the best of Canadian leadership’ – Jacquie has been recognized as one of 50 corporate leaders delivering excell...
Labatt and Capital Power announce partnership that advances Budweiser’s 100% renewable electricity commitment
The agreement is part of Budweiser’s Choose Earth campaign
Today, Canada’s best-selling beer brand, Budweiser announced a virtual power purchase agreement (VPPA) with Capital Power, a leading player in state-of-the-art energy sustainability. The agreement ...
Capital Power announces date for release of its first quarter 2021 results and update regarding its annual meeting of shareholders
Capital Power will release its first quarter 2021 results before the markets open on April 30, 2021. Management will host a conference call with analysts on the same day at 9:00 a.m. MT (11:00 a.m....
Thank you and Farewell to our Roxboro and Southport Teams
Capital Power would like to express its sincere gratitude to our employees at the Roxboro and Southport Power Plants, the City of Roxboro and Person County, the City of Southport and Brunswick Coun...
Capital Power provides update on United States power operations relating to recent extreme weather event
Capital Power provided the following update for its operations following the recent extreme weather event through the central United States.
Capital Power announces approval of normal course issuer bid for purchase of up to 10.6 million of its common shares
The Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) has approved Capital Power (TSX: CPX) normal course issuer bid ("NCIB") to purchase and cancel up to 10,661,112 of its outstanding common shares during the one-year...
Capital Power named one of the 2021 World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere
Capital Power has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the 2021 World’s Most Ethical Companies®. Honoured for a third straight year, Capital Power is one of only four Canadian comp...