Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind is located on 28,000 acres in Haldimand and Norfolk Counties, Ontario. The facility received its Renewable Energy Approval (REA) from the Ontario Ministry of the Environment on July 17, 2012.
- Facility comprised of 58 Vestas V-90 turbines
- Interconnection at Hydro One Switch Yard at Sandusk Substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind:
- We employ 13 full-time staff on site, including 2 Capital Power employees and 11 from Vestas who are responsible for maintaining the turbines.
- We pay approximately $351,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
- We have a Community Vibrancy Agreement with Haldimand County to provide annual funding for community initiatives over the life of our facility.
- We completed Community Benefits Agreements with the Six Nations of the Grand River and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy Chiefs’ Council regarding our facility, including annual scholarships for Haudenosaunee youth at $10,000 per year for 20 years.
- During construction, we worked closely with community members throughout the archaeological process and monitored the environmental impact.
- We continue to engage in post-construction wildlife monitoring in the area.
Recent community giving includes:
- Dunnville Chamber of Commerce and MudCat Festival
- Haldimand County Mayor’s Charity Gala
- Crime Stoppers – Haldimand, Norfolk & Tillsonburg, Inc
- Six Nations Fire Fighters Gala
Port Dover & Nanticoke Wind facility is unique due to a larger population living within the project area. One of my most rewarding accomplishments has been representing Capital Power within the community and building lasting relationships.
Capital Power provides update on United States power operations relating to recent extreme weather event
Capital Power provided the following update for its operations following the recent extreme weather event through the central United States.
Capital Power announces approval of normal course issuer bid for purchase of up to 10.6 million of its common shares
The Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) has approved Capital Power (TSX: CPX) normal course issuer bid ("NCIB") to purchase and cancel up to 10,661,112 of its outstanding common shares during the one-year...
Capital Power named one of the 2021 World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere
Capital Power has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute as one of the 2021 World’s Most Ethical Companies®. Honoured for a third straight year, Capital Power is one of only four Canadian comp...
Capital Power reports fourth quarter and year-end 2020 results
Excellent year highlighted by monumental progress in solar development and decision to be off coal in 2023
Capital Power today released financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2020.
Capital Power announces Board appointment
Donald Lowry, Chair of the Board is pleased to announce the appointment of Barry Perry to the Company’s Board of Directors effective March 1, 2021.
Capital Power announces appointment of Jill Gardiner as Chair of the Board
Capital Power today announced the appointment of Jill Gardiner as Chair of the Board, effective upon her election as a director at Capital Power’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) on April 29, 2021.
Capital Power declares dividends for its Common and Preference shares
EDMONTON, Alberta – The Board of Directors for Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) (Capital Power) declared a dividend of $0.5125 per share on the outstanding common shares for the quarter ending ...
Capital Power selected as one of Alberta’s Top Employers for the sixth year in a row
Capital Power has been recognized as one of 70 companies honoured as Alberta’s Top Employers for 2021, marking a sixth consecutive year of recognition from Canada’s Top 100 Employers for our employ...
Capital Power to release fourth quarter 2020 results and 2020 integrated annual report on February 19
Capital Power will release its fourth quarter and year-ended 2020 results, 2020 integrated annual report and third Climate Change Disclosure Report before the markets open on February 19, 2021.
Capital Power announces conversion results for its Preferred Shares (Series 1)
Capital Power announced today that after having taken into account all Election Notices following the December 16, 2020 conversion deadline, in respect of the Cumulative Rate Reset Preference Share...