Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind is located on 28,000 acres in Haldimand and Norfolk Counties, Ontario. The facility received its Renewable Energy Approval (REA) from the Ontario Ministry of the Environment on July 17, 2012.
- Facility comprised of 58 Vestas V-90 turbines
- Interconnection at Hydro One Switch Yard at Sandusk Substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind:
- We employ 13 full-time staff on site, including 2 Capital Power employees and 11 from Vestas who are responsible for maintaining the turbines.
- We pay approximately $351,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
- We have a Community Vibrancy Agreement with Haldimand County to provide annual funding for community initiatives over the life of our facility.
- We completed Community Benefits Agreements with the Six Nations of the Grand River and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy Chiefs’ Council regarding our facility, including. annual scholarships for Haudenosaunee youth at $10,000 per year for 20 years.
- During construction, we worked closely with community members throughout the archaeological process and monitored the environmental impact.
- We continue to engage in post-construction wildlife monitoring in the area.
Recent community giving includes:
- Dunnville Chamber of Commerce and MudCat Festival
- Haldimand County Mayor’s Charity Gala
- Crime Stoppers – Haldimand, Norfolk & Tillsonburg, Inc
- Six Nations Fire Fighters Gala
Port Dover & Nanticoke Wind facility is unique due to a larger population living within the project area. One of my most rewarding accomplishments has been representing Capital Power within the community and building lasting relationships.
Funding Disciplined Growth to Build Shareholder Value
At a high level, our capital allocation strategy allows us to fund growth by taking 50% of our free cash flow over the long-term and provide that back to investors in the form of dividends, while u...
Capital Power announces $275 million medium term note offering
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (“Capital Power”) (TSX:CPX) announced today that it has priced a public offering in Canada of unsecured medium term notes in the aggregate principal am...
Capital Power to host annual Investor Day event
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power (TSX: CPX) will be hosting its 11th annual Investor Day event in Toronto. Members of the executive leadership team will present on various topics including the exe...
Capital Power reports solid third quarter 2019 results
Results highlighted by record cash flow generation in the quarter driven by the execution of the Company’s growth strategy
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) today released financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2019. Third Quarter Highlights Achieved excellent operating perfo...
Capital Power declares dividends for its Common and Preference shares
The Board of Directors for Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) (Capital Power) declared a dividend of $0.48 per share on the outstanding common shares for the quarter ending December 31, 2019. The...
Creating the Power Company of Tomorrow
Read our blog from Mark Zimmerman, Senior Vice President, Corporate Development and Commercial Services.
Capital Power announces date for release of its third quarter 2019 financial results and analyst conference call
Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) will release its third quarter 2019 results before the markets open on October 28, 2019. Management will host a conference call with analysts on the same day a...
Capital Power assumes 100% ownership and control of Genesee Generating Station following divestiture of its interest in Keephills 3
Capital Power announced today it has completed the transaction to acquire TransAlta Corporation’s (“TransAlta”) 50% share of the Genesee 3 generation unit (“G3”) and divest its 50% share of the Ke...
Powered by People: Why HR is an Enabler of Business Success
Read our blog from Jacquie Pylypiuk, Vice President, Human Resources
Media and government stakeholders get firsthand look at construction progress of Whitla Wind
As construction of the Whitla Wind project progresses, Capital Power hosted local media and government officials for a tour of the project site on August 15, 2019.