Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind is located on 28,000 acres in Haldimand and Norfolk Counties, Ontario. The facility received its Renewable Energy Approval (REA) from the Ontario Ministry of the Environment on July 17, 2012.
- Facility comprised of 58 Vestas V-90 turbines
- Interconnection at Hydro One Switch Yard at Sandusk Substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind:
- We employ 13 full-time staff on site, including 2 Capital Power employees and 11 from Vestas who are responsible for maintaining the turbines.
- We pay approximately $351,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
- We have a Community Vibrancy Agreement with Haldimand County to provide annual funding for community initiatives over the life of our facility.
- We completed Community Benefits Agreements with the Six Nations of the Grand River and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy Chiefs’ Council regarding our facility, including annual scholarships for Haudenosaunee youth at $10,000 per year for 20 years.
- During construction, we worked closely with community members throughout the archaeological process and monitored the environmental impact.
- We continue to engage in post-construction wildlife monitoring in the area.
Recent community giving includes:
- Dunnville Chamber of Commerce and MudCat Festival
- Haldimand County Mayor’s Charity Gala
- Crime Stoppers – Haldimand, Norfolk & Tillsonburg, Inc
- Six Nations Fire Fighters Gala
Port Dover & Nanticoke Wind facility is unique due to a larger population living within the project area. One of my most rewarding accomplishments has been representing Capital Power within the community and building lasting relationships.
Capital Power to release third quarter 2021 financial results and hold analyst conference call on October 27
Capital Power will release its third quarter 2021 results before the markets open on October 27, 2021. Management will host a conference call with analysts on the same day at 9:00 a.m. MDT (11:00 a...
Capital Power announces long-term renewable power purchase agreement with Dow
Agreement for Whitla Wind capacity demonstrates how cross-industry collaboration contributes to a sustainable future
Capital Power announced today a 15-year renewable power purchase agreement with Dow Chemical Canada ULC, a subsidiary of Dow (NYSE: DOW), for 25 megawatts (MW) of capacity and the associated enviro...
Capital Power announces a 6.8% dividend increase for its common shares and declares dividends for its Preference shares
The Board of Directors for Capital Power declared a dividend of $0.5475 per share on the outstanding common shares for the quarter ending September 30, 2021. The dividend is payable on October 29, ...