Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind is located on 28,000 acres in Haldimand and Norfolk Counties, Ontario. The facility received its Renewable Energy Approval (REA) from the Ontario Ministry of the Environment on July 17, 2012.
- Facility comprised of 58 Vestas V-90 turbines
- Interconnection at Hydro One Switch Yard at Sandusk Substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind:
- We employ 13 full-time staff on site, including 2 Capital Power employees and 11 from Vestas who are responsible for maintaining the turbines.
- We pay approximately $351,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
- We have a Community Vibrancy Agreement with Haldimand County to provide annual funding for community initiatives over the life of our facility.
- We completed Community Benefits Agreements with the Six Nations of the Grand River and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy Chiefs’ Council regarding our facility, including. annual scholarships for Haudenosaunee youth at $10,000 per year for 20 years.
- During construction, we worked closely with community members throughout the archaeological process and monitored the environmental impact.
- We continue to engage in post-construction wildlife monitoring in the area.
Recent community giving includes:
- Dunnville Chamber of Commerce and MudCat Festival
- Haldimand County Mayor’s Charity Gala
- Crime Stoppers – Haldimand, Norfolk & Tillsonburg, Inc
- Six Nations Fire Fighters Gala
Port Dover & Nanticoke Wind facility is unique due to a larger population living within the project area. One of my most rewarding accomplishments has been representing Capital Power within the community and building lasting relationships.
Capital Power completes acquisition of Buckthorn Wind and receives tax equity financing for Cardinal Point Wind
Capital Power announced today that it has successfully completed the acquisition of Buckthorn Wind from private investors. Buckthorn Wind is a 100.5 megawatt wind facility that is located in Erath ...
Message from Brian Vaasjo, CEO and President
Capital Power's Response to COVID-19: A Message from Brian Vaasjo, CEO and President
Capital Power adds 250 megawatts of long-term contracted wind generation to its renewable portfolio
Capital Power announced today that it has entered into an agreement to acquire a 100% ownership interest in Buckthorn Wind, a 100.5 megawatt wind facility, from private investors.
Capital Power named one of the 2020 World’s Most Ethical Companies® by Ethisphere
Second recognition highlights company’s leadership on ethics and compliance practices
Capital Power has been recognized by the Ethisphere Institute, a global leader in defining and advancing the standards of ethical business practices, as one of the 2020 World’s Most Ethical Compani...
Powering a Resilient Future: 2019 Climate Change Disclosure Report
Our 2019 Climate Change Disclosure Report, aligned with the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) recommendations, discusses our governance, processes and strategies for addres...
Capital Power reports excellent fourth quarter and year-end 2019 results
Excellent year highlighted by record cash flow generation
Capital Power today released its financial results for the quarter ended December 31, 2019. Results outline excellent year highlighted by record cash flow generation.
Capital Power Announces Brian Vaasjo to Remain President and Chief Executive Officer
The Board of Directors of Capital Power is pleased to announce that Brian Vaasjo will remain as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
Capital Power announces approval of normal course issuer bid for purchase of up to 10.5 million of its common shares
The Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) has approved Capital Power Corporation's ("Capital Power" or "the Company") (TSX: CPX) normal course issuer bid ("NCIB") to purchase and cancel up to 10,513,532 of ...
Capital Power declares dividends for its Common and Preference shares
The Board of Directors for Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) (Capital Power) declared a dividend of $0.48 per share on the outstanding common shares for the quarter ending March 31, 2020. The di...
Capital Power selected as one of Alberta’s Top Employers for the fifth year in a row
Capital Power has been recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 2020, marking a fifth year of recognition from Canada’s Top 100 Employers for our employee programs. Capital Power is proud t...