Macho Springs Wind is located on approximately 1,980 acres of private ranch land, about 24 miles northeast of Deming in Luna County, New Mexico. Output from this facility is 100% contracted through 2031, based on a 20-year power purchase agreement with Tucson Electric Power. Capital Power acquired Macho Springs Wind as part of the Element Power US LP acquisition in 2014.
- Facility comprised of 28 Vestas V100-Mark-7 1.8 MW wind turbines
- Interconnection at El Paso Electric Substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Macho Springs Wind:
- We pay approximately $150,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- Deming Chamber Annual Gala
- Luna County DWI Prevention Program
- Great American Duck Race
- Deming Luna County Crime Stoppers
- Camp Innoventure
- MainStreet Luna County Salsa Festival
Macho Springs is capturing the strong winds of New Mexico to provide green energy for the grid.
Email: [email protected]