Macho Springs Wind is located on approximately 1,980 acres of private ranch land, about 24 miles northeast of Deming in Luna County, New Mexico. Output from this facility is 100% contracted through 2031, based on a 20-year power purchase agreement with Tucson Electric Power. Operations and maintenance of the facility is contracted through EDF Renewables and Vestas. Capital Power acquired Macho Springs Wind as part of the Element Power US LP acquisition in 2014.
*Operated by EDF Renewables Inc.
- Facility comprised of 28 Vestas V100-Mark-7 1.8 MW wind turbines
- Capable of generating enough clean electricity to power approximately 14,000 households
- Interconnection at El Paso Electric Substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Macho Springs Wind:
- We pay approximately $150,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- Deming Chamber Annual Gala
- Luna County DWI Prevention Program
- Great American Duck Race
- Deming Luna County Crime Stoppers
- Camp Innoventure
- MainStreet Luna County Salsa Festival
Macho Springs is capturing the strong winds of New Mexico to provide green energy for the grid.
Capital Power announces date for release of fourth quarter 2019 financial results, 2019 annual integrated report and analyst conference call
Capital Power will release its fourth quarter and year-ended 2019 results before the markets open on February 24, 2020. Management will host a conference call with analysts on the same day at 9:00 ...
Excellence in Action: Delivering Responsible Energy for 2020
As we kick off 2020 and venture into a new decade, Capital Power continues to be committed to driving innovation, growing our business and optimizing our operations to deliver Responsible Energy fo...
Whitla Wind: Transforming Headwinds into Wind Energy Success
Read our blog from By Darcy Trufyn, Senior Vice President, Operations, Engineering and Construction