Macho Springs Wind is located on approximately 1,980 acres of private ranch land, about 24 miles northeast of Deming in Luna County, New Mexico. Output from this facility is 100% contracted through 2031, based on a 20-year power purchase agreement with Tucson Electric Power. Operations and maintenance of the facility is contracted through EDF Renewables and Vestas. Capital Power acquired Macho Springs Wind as part of the Element Power US LP acquisition in 2014.
*Operated by EDF Renewables Inc.
- Facility comprised of 28 Vestas V100-Mark-7 1.8 MW wind turbines
- Capable of generating enough clean electricity to power approximately 14,000 households
- Interconnection at El Paso Electric Substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Macho Springs Wind:
- We pay approximately $150,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- Deming Chamber Annual Gala
- Luna County DWI Prevention Program
- Great American Duck Race
- Deming Luna County Crime Stoppers
- Camp Innoventure
- MainStreet Luna County Salsa Festival
Macho Springs is capturing the strong winds of New Mexico to provide green energy for the grid.
Capital Power announces date for release of its first quarter 2020 financial results and analyst conference call
Capital Power will release its first quarter 2020 results before the markets open on May 4, 2020. Management will host a conference call with analysts on the same day at 9:00 a.m. MT (11:00 a.m. ET...
Capital Power completes acquisition of Buckthorn Wind and receives tax equity financing for Cardinal Point Wind
Capital Power announced today that it has successfully completed the acquisition of Buckthorn Wind from private investors. Buckthorn Wind is a 100.5 megawatt wind facility that is located in Erath ...
Message from Brian Vaasjo, CEO and President
Capital Power's Response to COVID-19: A Message from Brian Vaasjo, CEO and President