La Paloma is a 1,062 MW combined cycle gas-generation facility located in Kern County, California. In 2024, Capital Power acquired the facility from CSG Investments, Inc.
- This combined-cycle facility utilizes:
- 4 Alstom GT24B Combustion Turbines
- 4 Alstom/CE Heat Recovery Steam Generators
- 4 Alstom VAX Steam Turbines
- La Paloma is situated on 443 total acres, with 412 acres available for development.
- Facility has resource adequacy contracts through 2029 with multiple investment grade utilities and load serving entities.
- A critical infrastructure asset, La Paloma supports the reliability of California’s electricity grid and adds further growth opportunities in the Western Electricity Coordinating Council (WECC) market.
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we live with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests, and build real relationships. We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.Request Community Support