Kingsbridge 1 Wind is located on 20,000 acres of privately-owned, leased lands in the Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh in southwestern Ontario. The facility operates under the terms of two energy supply contracts with the Ontario Power Authority which run through to 2027.
*2001 / 2006
- Facility comprised of 21 Vestas V-80 turbines and one V-90 turbine (installed in 2006), as well as one 660 kW Vestas V-47 turbine (installed in 2001)
- Each turbine capable of producing up to 1.8 MW of power
- Interconnection at Hydro One Goderich Transfer Station
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Kingsbridge 1 Wind:
- We employ one permanent employee at the facility, and engage the services of three dedicated resources, representing Vestas, who are responsible for maintaining the turbines.
- We pay approximately $54,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- Alice Munro Festival of the Short Story
- Huron Multicultural Festival
- Goderich Recreation Park Revitalization Project
- Goderich Lions Club
- Goderich Children’s Festival
- Race Huron
- Dungannon Super Pull
- Huron County Crime Stoppers
- Goderich Celtic Folk Society