Kingsbridge 1 Wind is located on 20,000 acres of privately-owned, leased lands in the Township of Ashfield-Colborne-Wawanosh in southwestern Ontario. The facility operates under the terms of two energy supply contracts with the Ontario Power Authority which run through to 2027.
*2001 / 2006
- Facility comprised of 21 Vestas V-80 turbines and one V-90 turbine (installed in 2006), as well as one 660 kW Vestas V-47 turbine (installed in 2001)
- Each turbine capable of producing up to 1.8 MW of power
- Interconnection at Hydro One Goderich Transfer Station
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Kingsbridge 1 Wind:
- We employ one permanent employee at the facility, and engage the services of three dedicated resources, representing Vestas, who are responsible for maintaining the turbines.
- We pay approximately $54,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- Alice Munro Festival of the Short Story
- Huron Multicultural Festival
- Goderich Recreation Park Revitalization Project
- Goderich Lions Club
- Goderich Children’s Festival
- Race Huron
- Dungannon Super Pull
- Huron County Crime Stoppers
- Goderich Celtic Folk Society
Kingsbridge 1 is a source of renewable energy for the Ontario power market.
Advancing our commitment to gender equality with Equal by 30
At Capital Power, delivering Responsible Energy for Tomorrow means advancing the participation of women in energy and closing the gender gap. Our Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Committee is proud to...
Capital Power announces a C$350 million medium term note offering and the early redemption of C$251 million of medium term notes
Capital Power announced today that it has priced a public offering in Canada of unsecured medium term notes in the aggregate principal amount of C$350 million (the “Offering”). The notes have a cou...
Capital Power announces a 10-year tolling agreement extension for Decatur Energy Center
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) announced today the execution of a 10-year tolling agreement extension through December 2032 for Decatur Energy Center (Decatur Energy) with the current counterparty.