Located in Campbell River, Island Generation is a 275 MW natural gas-fired combined-cycle power generation facility. It is fully contracted under a long-term tolling agreement with BC Hydro until April 2022.
- Utilizes an Alstom GT24B gas turbine and an Alstom steam turbine with fuel supplied by BC Hydro
- Single largest power generation facility on Vancouver Island, representing approximately one-third of the generation capacity on Vancouver Island
We contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We strive to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Island Generation:
- We employ 15 permanent employees and one contractor.
- We pay approximately $1,500,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- Campbell River & District Adult Care Society
- Campbell River Salmon Festival Society
- Campbell River Canada Day Committee
- Campbell River and North Island Transition Society
- Campbell River Hospital Foundation
- Campbell River Crime Stoppers
- Rotary Club of Campbell River
- Discovery Passage Aquarium Society
- Knights of Columbus Christmas Hamper Fund
- Campbell River Food Bank
Island Generation represents an important milestone in Capital Power’s history and growth as it was the first addition to our fleet via acquisition.
President and CEO
Capital Power to release third quarter 2021 financial results and hold analyst conference call on October 27
Capital Power will release its third quarter 2021 results before the markets open on October 27, 2021. Management will host a conference call with analysts on the same day at 9:00 a.m. MDT (11:00 a...
Capital Power announces long-term renewable power purchase agreement with Dow
Agreement for Whitla Wind capacity demonstrates how cross-industry collaboration contributes to a sustainable future
Capital Power announced today a 15-year renewable power purchase agreement with Dow Chemical Canada ULC, a subsidiary of Dow (NYSE: DOW), for 25 megawatts (MW) of capacity and the associated enviro...
Capital Power announces a 6.8% dividend increase for its common shares and declares dividends for its Preference shares
The Board of Directors for Capital Power declared a dividend of $0.5475 per share on the outstanding common shares for the quarter ending September 30, 2021. The dividend is payable on October 29, ...