Acquired in June 2017, Decatur Energy Center is an 855 MW natural gas-fired combined-cycle power generation plant, located in Decatur, Alabama. The facility operates under a tolling agreement and is fully contracted until the end of 2032. Decatur Energy Center is located on property owned by Ascend Performance Materials LLC, and has an agreement to provide demineralized water to Ascend.
- Combined cycle facility configured as 3 x 1, comprised of 3 Siemens SGT6-5000FD2 combustion turbine generators, 3 Nooter Eriksen heat recovery steam generators, and a single Toshiba steam turbine generator
- Emissions controlled through selective catalytic reduction and a dry-low NOx combustion system
- Facility sells capacity and energy to a regional entity with an A-rated credit rating under a tolling agreement that was extended in August 2020; the 10-year tolling agreement extension contracts the facility through to December 2032
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Decatur Energy Center:
- We employ 25 full-time and 4 part-time employees, as well as numerous contractors.
- We pay approximately $590,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community giving includes:
- Lexi House Inc
- 4-H Horse Club’s Special Needs Rodeo
- North Alabama Christian Children’s Home
- Committee on Church Cooperation
- COC FOOD PANTRY & Soup Kitchen
- Habitat For Humanity of Morgan County
- Enchanted Forest of Decatur
- Alabama Jubilee Hot Air Balloon Classic
Utilizing advanced and reliable technology, the Decatur Energy Center delivers significant generation capacity to the Southeastern Electric Reliability Council (SERC) market.
Capital Power to host virtual Investor Day event
Capital Power will be hosting its 12th annual Investor Day event on December 3, 2020.
Capital Power reports strong third quarter 2020 results highlighted by 10-year contract extension for Decatur Energy
Continued growth in contracted renewables with new solar projects in the U.S.
Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) today released financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2020.
Capital Power declares dividends for its Common and Preference shares
Capital Power) declared a dividend of $0.5125 per share on the outstanding common shares for the quarter ending December 31, 2020. The dividend is payable on January 29, 2021 to shareholders of rec...