Clydesdale Solar is located on privately owned land approximately 12 km north of the Hamlet of Enchant in the Municipal District of Taber, Alberta. Construction was completed on schedule with commercial operations beginning in December 2022.
- Consists of 90,237 Longi LR5-72HBD-540M solar PV panels with a nominal rating of 540 watts DC each and 90,238 Longi LR5-72HBD-545M solar PV panels with a nominal rating of 545 watts DC each
- Solar panels utilize bifacial solar panel technology, which absorbs light from the top and bottom of the panel
- Single-axis tracking system, this technology will increase efficiency and facility output by up to 25% compared to a fixed axis system with monofacial solar technology
- In April 2021, Capital Power announced a 15-year renewable energy agreement with Labatt Breweries of Canada for 51% of the output from the project
- In January 2023, Capital Power announced a 15-year renewable power purchase agreement with Shaw Communications for approximately 38% of the output from the project
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community, when possible.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.Request Community Support