Dividend Reinvestment Plan
- On July 30, 2020, Capital Power reinstated its Dividend Reinvestment Plan (the “Plan”) which was previously suspended on June 30, 2015 (the suspension). Eligible shareholders may elect to participate in the Plan commencing with the third quarter 2020 cash dividend. Participation in the DRIP is optional.
- Eligible shareholders may elect to accumulate additional common shares efficiently and cost-effectively by reinvesting their quarterly cash dividends on the applicable dividend payment date in new shares issued from treasury.
- No commissions, service charges or similar fees will be payable in connection with the purchase of shares from treasury under the Plan. Shareholders should check with their Nominee (broker, investment dealer, financial institution, or other) regarding any fees that may be charged by the Nominee.
- New shares will be issued at a discount of 3% to the average closing price on the TSX for the 10 trading days immediately preceding the applicable Dividend Payment Date.
- Once enrolled, any future cash dividends on Shares enrolled in the Plan will automatically be reinvested in common shares.
- Shareholders that were enrolled in the Plan upon suspension in June 2015, and remain enrolled with the Plan administrator, will automatically resume participation in the Plan.
Eligible holders of Capital Power common shares in non-registered form with a nominee (broker, investment dealer, financial institution, or other) should contact their investment representative to enroll in the Plan.
Registered Shareholders may enroll in the Plan at any time by completing the enrolment form and returning it to the Plan Agent or by enrolling online through Computershare’s self-service web portal Investor Centre.
A completed enrollment form must be received by the Plan Agent no later than 5 business days prior to the applicable record date in order for that Dividend to be reinvested in the Plan.