Capital Power owns approximately 5,100 megawatts of power generation capacity at 25 facilities and is pursuing contracted generation capacity throughout North America. Approximately 900 MW of owned generation capacity is in advanced
development in Alberta and Illinois.
Capital Power (TSX: CPX) is a growth-oriented North American power producer headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta. The company develops, acquires, owns and operates power generation facilities using a variety of energy sources.
To be recognized as one of North America’s most respected, reliable, and competitive power generators.
The development, acquisition, construction, operation, and optimization of large-scale, fuel-diverse, cost-effective power generation facilities in North America.
• We are passionate about our business and safety
• We act with integrity
• We work together
• We are accountable
• We create and enhance shareholder value
Capital Power’s vision is to be one of North America’s most respected, reliable, and competitive independent power producers. We will achieve this vision by adding shareholder value through operational excellence and a disciplined growth strategy.
Visit our Investment Overview section for more details on our strategy.
Capital Power owns natural gas, wind, and solid fuel facilities and has a number of generation facilities in development or construction in Canada and the United States.
Review our Generation Portfolio section or view our
interactive map for a complete listing of individual facilities.
Review our full list of facilities in
consultation, development or construction.
We believe that effective governance is a major contributor to long-term performance and investor confidence.
Meet our Executive Team
Meet our Board of Directors
Learn more about our corporate governance
On July 9, 2009, Capital Power successfully completed an initial public offering of common shares.
Although Capital Power is a young company, we began our public life with a long history and a tradition of innovation and service dating from 1891.
View our history