Utilizing a variety of solid fuel sources, Roxboro Power Plant is part of Capital Power’s North Carolina generation assets. The facility was acquired in 2006 from Primary Energy Ventures and operates under a Power Purchase Agreement with Progress Energy.
- Significant investment made in equipment to burn alternate fuels, reducing coal usage by 90%
- Three stoker boilers use a mixture of wood residuals, tire-derived fuel, and coal
- Wood residuals sourced from North Carolina’s extensive forestry-related industry, which produces an abundance of wood waste as a by-product
- Tire-derived fuel sourced from waste tires repurposes waste into energy instead of going to landfill
- Environmental impacts minimized by using an engineered fabric filter known as baghouse, which keeps particulates from the plant well under state regulations
We contribute to the communities in which we operate with the focus of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and priorities, and build real relationships. We strive to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At the Roxboro Power Plant:
- We employ 34 permanent positions and numerous contractors.
- We pay approximately $200,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
Recent community support includes:
- Piedmont Community College Foundation
- Roxboro Police Department “Shop with a Cop” and “National Night Out”
- Person County Sheriff’s Office “Shop with a Sheriff”
- Mayo Lake Park Youth Fishing Derby
- Personality Festival
- PC Friends of the Park
- Friends of the Person County Public Library
Roxboro Power Plant provides responsible and reliable energy, tapping into locally sourced industrial waste products to burn as alternate fuel, reducing our coal usage by 90%.
Capital Power to host virtual Investor Day event
Capital Power will be hosting its 12th annual Investor Day event on December 3, 2020.
Capital Power reports strong third quarter 2020 results highlighted by 10-year contract extension for Decatur Energy
Continued growth in contracted renewables with new solar projects in the U.S.
Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) today released financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2020.
Capital Power declares dividends for its Common and Preference shares
Capital Power) declared a dividend of $0.5125 per share on the outstanding common shares for the quarter ending December 31, 2020. The dividend is payable on January 29, 2021 to shareholders of rec...