Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind is located on 28,000 acres in Haldimand and Norfolk Counties, Ontario. The facility received its Renewable Energy Approval (REA) from the Ontario Ministry of the Environment on July 17, 2012.
- Facility comprised of 58 Vestas V-90 turbines
- Interconnection at Hydro One Switch Yard at Sandusk Substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind:
- We employ 13 full-time staff on site, including 2 Capital Power employees and 11 from Vestas who are responsible for maintaining the turbines.
- We pay approximately $351,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
At Port Dover & Nanticoke Wind:
- We have a Community Vibrancy Agreement with Haldimand County to provide annual funding for community initiatives over the life of our facility
- We completed Community Benefits Agreements with the Six Nations of the Grand River and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy Chiefs’ Council regarding our facility, including annual scholarships for Haudenosaunee youth at $10,000 per year for 20 years
- During construction, we worked closely with community members throughout the archaeological process and monitored the environmental impact
- We continue to engage in post-construction wildlife monitoring in the area
Recent community giving includes:
- Dunnville Chamber of Commerce and MudCat Festival
- Haldimand County
- Crime Stoppers – Haldimand, Norfolk & Tillsonburg, Inc
- Six Nations Council
Port Dover & Nanticoke Wind facility is unique due to a larger population living within the project area. One of my most rewarding accomplishments has been representing Capital Power within the community and building lasting relationships.
Capital Power celebrates 10 years of delivering responsible energy
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) celebrates its 10th anniversary, marking a decade of disciplined growth, sustainability and providing value to its shareholders. Over the...
Capital Power announces its second quarter 2019 financial results release date
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) will release its second quarter 2019 results before the markets open on July 29, 2019. Management will host a conference call with analysts ...
Celebrating 10 Years of Responsibility
I am very pleased to be celebrating Capital Power’s 10th anniversary, this marks a major milestone in our history and an exciting stepping stone into our future as a company. Over the past decade, ...
Capital Power accelerates plans for natural gas capability at the Genesee facility
Dual-fuel optionality expected to significantly increase cash flow and further reduce emissions EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (Capital Power or the Company) (TSX: CPX) announced to...
Capital Power completes $325 million Canadian dollar private placement of senior notes
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (Capital Power or the Company) (TSX: CPX) announced today that it has closed a $325 million private placement of senior notes. The net proceeds from th...
Capital Power named one of Canada’s ‘Best 50 Corporate Citizens’ for ninth consecutive year
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power is pleased to announce it is again ranked among Corporate Knights' 2019 Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada. This marks the ninth consecutive year that Capital Po...
Capital Power completes acquisition of Goreway Power Station
Acquisition materially increases contracted adjusted EBITDA and is immediately accretive to adjusted funds from operations per share EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (Capital Power ...
Capital Power declares dividend for its Preference Shares (Series 11)
EDMONTON, Alberta – May 16, 2019 - The Board of Directors for Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) (Capital Power) declared a dividend of $0.1772 per share on its Cumulative Minimum Rate Reset Pref...
Capital Power announces closing of $150 million offering of 5.75% Cumulative Minimum Rate Reset Preferred Shares
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (“Capital Power”) (TSX:CPX) announced today that it has closed its previously announced offering of 6,000,000 Cumulative Minimum Rate Reset Preference ...
Capital Power announces the exercise of over-allotment option by Underwriters in subscription receipt offering
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (Capital Power or the Company) (TSX: CPX) announced today that the underwriters (the Underwriters) co-led by RBC Capital Markets and TD Securities have...