Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind is located on 28,000 acres in Haldimand and Norfolk Counties, Ontario. The facility received its Renewable Energy Approval (REA) from the Ontario Ministry of the Environment on July 17, 2012.
- Facility comprised of 58 Vestas V-90 turbines
- Interconnection at Hydro One Switch Yard at Sandusk Substation
At Capital Power, we contribute to the communities in which we operate with the aim of building a sustainable future for all. We engage our neighbours, consider their interests and build real relationships. We aim to source supplies and services locally for our operations, as well as hire from the community. At Port Dover and Nanticoke Wind:
- We employ 13 full-time staff on site, including 2 Capital Power employees and 11 from Vestas who are responsible for maintaining the turbines.
- We pay approximately $351,000 in property tax each year, contributing annually to community tax bases, supporting the improvement of infrastructure, roadways, and community services.
We give back where we live and work by supporting local organizations and our employees’ community participation through our corporate giving programs.
At Port Dover & Nanticoke Wind:
- We have a Community Vibrancy Agreement with Haldimand County to provide annual funding for community initiatives over the life of our facility
- We completed Community Benefits Agreements with the Six Nations of the Grand River and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy Chiefs’ Council regarding our facility, including annual scholarships for Haudenosaunee youth at $10,000 per year for 20 years
- During construction, we worked closely with community members throughout the archaeological process and monitored the environmental impact
- We continue to engage in post-construction wildlife monitoring in the area
Recent community giving includes:
- Dunnville Chamber of Commerce and MudCat Festival
- Haldimand County Mayor’s Charity Gala
- Crime Stoppers – Haldimand, Norfolk & Tillsonburg, Inc
- Six Nations Fire Fighters Gala
Port Dover & Nanticoke Wind facility is unique due to a larger population living within the project area. One of my most rewarding accomplishments has been representing Capital Power within the community and building lasting relationships.
Powered by People: Why HR is an Enabler of Business Success
At Capital Power, we’re working to deliver responsible energy for tomorrow. It’s our mission to create dependable, cost-effective and future-ready electricity solutions. This is a major undertaking...
Media and government stakeholders get firsthand look at construction progress of Whitla Wind
As construction of the Whitla Wind project progresses, Capital Power hosted local media and government officials for a tour of the project site on August 15, 2019.
Construction Ramps Up at our Cardinal Point Wind Project
Construction of our Cardinal Point Wind Project is moving along on schedule. Crews are expected to increase to more than 250 workers as turbine components are delivered.
Beyond the Bottom Line – Why Investors are Valuing Sustainability
Kate Chisholm examines the impact of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) performance on a company’s bottom line as investors increasingly seek sustainable investment opportunities.
Capital Power to gain 100% ownership and control of Genesee Generating Station through divestiture of interest in Keephills 3
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (“Capital Power” or “the Company”) (TSX: CPX) announced today it has entered into an agreement to divest its 50% share of the Keephills 3 generation un...
2018 Corporate Sustainability Report
Our recently released 2018 Corporate Sustainability Report highlights our sustainability targets, performance, and commitment to delivering Responsible Energy for Tomorrow.
Capital Power reports solid second quarter 2019 results and announces a 7.3% dividend increase for its common shares
Company is on track to achieve results at the top end of annual financial target range
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) today released financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2019.
Capital Power declares dividends for its Common and Preference shares and announces a 7.3% dividend increase for its common shares
EDMONTON, Alberta – The Board of Directors for Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) (Capital Power) declared a dividend of $0.48 per share on the outstanding common shares for the quarter ending Se...
Capital Power announces retirement plans for Brian Vaasjo, President and Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Vaasjo intends to retire in 2020, will remain in his leadership position until a successor assumes the role EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) (Capital Power or the Compa...
Capital Power celebrates 10 years of delivering responsible energy
EDMONTON, Alberta – Capital Power Corporation (TSX: CPX) celebrates its 10th anniversary, marking a decade of disciplined growth, sustainability and providing value to its shareholders. Over the...