Capital Power is committed to providing its employees with a safe work environment. Safety is a primary focus of management.
We are also committed to providing a work environment conducive to success—to sharing ideas, encouraging discussion, and making available the right tools and technology.
Edmonton Head Office
Capital Power’s corporate offices are in the brand new Epcor Tower located at 10423 - 101 St. NW, Edmonton, Alberta. Capital Power occupies floors 9 through 12.
The new building offers a superior combination of environmental features, and high-quality and in-building amenities. It will be certified to a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) Silver standard or higher, reducing energy, water, and resource use.
Our Edmonton office is outfitted with VOIP telephones and printers.
Right to light
The office design is based on the concept of “right to light.” This is an accepted industry standard that states all employees in a common workspace should have access to as much natural daylight as possible. This is intended to increase personal comfort and improve productivity.
The building also offers access to outdoor balconies, seating areas, kitchen amenities on each floor, and upgraded coffee machines, including cappuccino machines.
EPCOR Tower has about 850 spaces in the underground parkade. Imperial Parking (ImPark) manages the garage.
Up to 90 bicycles can me accommodated within the parkade. Bicycle parking is free.
Showers and lockers
Shower and locker facilities are available.
•Automated systems such as high-efficiency fluorescent fixtures with built-in occupancy sensors and auto-dimming when natural light is available.
• Ceiling heights of 9'6", which allow natural light throughout the floor.
• High-efficiency triple-glazed curtain wall system reduces loads on heating and cooling.
• Access to fresh air on the balconies.
• Multi-zoned heating and air conditioning with high-efficiency fan coil units to allow more control over heating and cooling for each tenant.
• Passive geothermal heating and cooling through earth tubes beneath the parkade.
• Rain water is collected, stored and treated for re-use in low-flow toilers and urinals.
• Low-flow sinks and showers.
• Over 85 per cent of construction waste materials were designated for re-use or recycling.
• "Green" housekeeping and recycling policies.
• Alternate means of transportation have been encouraged through proximity to transit and major transportation routes, and through access to bike storage, showers and lockers.
Capital Power’s Calgary office is located in Gulf Canada Square. The location provides access to many amenities including shopping, fitness facilities, food venues, child care services, the +15 walkway system and easier traffic access to the building.
Right to Light
Our Calgary office is configured based on the “right to light” concept. This is an accepted industry standard that states all employees in a common workspace should have access to as much natural daylight as possible. This is intended to increase personal comfort and improve productivity.
Our Calgary office is outfitted with new VOIP telephones and printers.
Last reviewed: February 15, 2013